Seanchais Ard Mhacha

Cumann Seanchais Ard Mhacha, the Armagh Diocesan Historical Society, was founded at a meeting of clergy and laity representatives of all parts of the Archdiocese of Armagh on 17 May 1953. Tomás Ó Fiaich was a central figure. He edited the first issue of the journal Seanchais Ard Mhacha which appeared in 1954. Over forty issues have since been published. The journal has made an outstanding contribution to the recording of the history of the Archdiocese of Armagh and to Irish historiography and culture in general. The society happily enjoys the patronage of both Archbishops of Armagh.

Programme of Forthcoming Events

Cardinal Toms Fiaich Library
15 Moy Road
Armagh
BT61 7LY
Northern Ireland

Tel: +44 28 3752 2981
Director: Roddy.Hegarty@ofiaich.ie

For directions, opening hours, etc,